Monday, May 13, 2013

DIEGO BRINGS ME A (LIVE) MOTHERS DAY GIFT



This past Sunday, May 12th was Mothers Day. One of my Siamese Cats, Diego also known as cat/dog due to his love of the outdoors decided to bring me one his own personal gifts.
I was in the kitchen baking cookies, when I heard an odd noise. I went to see what the noise was, and there was Diego with a chipmunk in his mouth." Happy Mother's Day, Mom" Diego said.
Well, I freaked and screamed. I tried to convince Diego to drop the chipmunk thinking it was dead...good news...it was alive! OMG!
I quickly opened the front door trying to convince Diego to run back outside with the live critter.Well, Diego panicked and ran upstairs. I closed bedroom and bathroom doors, tried to leap over Diego to close the master bedroom door but, no luck. Diego is fast. He ran into our master bedroom, dropped the chipmunk and it began to run around our bedroom. For awhile Diego was engaged and chased the chipmunk but, soon lost interest.
I decided to go back down stairs and give the chipmunk some time to decompress. After awhile, I heard a squeak in the front hall closet. I opened the door and there IT was. Diego proceeded to chase the chipmunk under our couch. It was a smart little thing staying in the middle. So, I grabbed a yardstick and tried to coerce it out from under the couch.
Finally, after 2 hours in our house, Diego managed to chase it out the front door. ;).
So, Diego thank you very much for the thoughtful gift, however next time a hairball would be acceptable
P.S. I thank the neighbors for not calling the police due to my wild screaming, it ran over my foot twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment