Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I WAS A VOLUNTEER AT THE BMW GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP!


18th GREEN & MATT KUCHAR
When I first heard the advertisement on TV that Conway Farms Golf Club, Lake Forest, Il was hosting the 2013 BMW Championship Golf Tournament, I was.....interested. The next time I heard the commercial, I listened closer and acknowledged that a Professional Golf Tournament had not been held in the North Shore Suburbs of Chicago since 1972, 41 years ago......I wanted to participate!
I went to the:
http://www.bmwchampionshipusa.com/bmw/COM/bmw_championship_usa_com/en/tournament-information/volunteers.html
website and logged in as a volunteer.
In order to succeed the Tournament needed the help of 2,500 volunteers to provide a variety of duties; Marshall, Standard Bearer, Corporate Hospitality, Transporation, etc. I accepted a position in the Volunteer Tent; handing out credentials and uniforms, providing refreshments to the other volunteers, answering questions. I completely enjoyed meeting all the wonderful people who came from all over the country to help make this BMW Tournament a success!
The BMW Tournament will hopefully come back to Conway Farms in 2015, (2014 it is being held at Cherry Hills Country Club, Englewood, Colorado) and once again I will donate my time ;).

ERNIE ELS (SOUTH AFRICA) & BMW SHOWCASES 2014 MODELS

No comments:

Post a Comment