Tuesday, June 17, 2014

JUNE IS NATIONAL CAT ADOPTION MONTH


The American Humane Society has designated the entire month of June as NATIONAL CAT ADOPTION MONTH.
Please consider adopting a cat from your local shelter. There are approximately over 2 million cats ready to be adopted in shelters located across the United States. Dogs waiting to be adopted in shelters are at 1 million.
I rescued my 1st Siamese cat when I was 11 years old. I have since rescued 5 more Siamese cats. Our family consists of 4 cats in our home. They all get along and have their own personalities.
My last rescue was Sir Lancelot Longtail. I found him on the Siamese Rescue website: http://www.siameserescue.org/
Cats are misunderstood and really make very good companions.
Cats are very independant and smart. They are hunters and like to stalk.
A cat tree (under ($100) is important for them to jump and view the world from the top.
When adopting, please spend some time with the cat to make sure the cat's and your personality will bond.
Shelters will give you advice on how to take of your cat.
Send me pics of your newbie!
Enjoy and love your feline ;)!
>
SIR LANCELOT LONGTAIL, rescued from LaFayette, Indiana, Christmas, 2011.
http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/programs/special-initiatives/adopt-a-cat-month/

No comments:

Post a Comment